Sutter Street Theatre believes that every child has a right to experience performing arts as a regular part of their school curriculum. Live performances help children explore, reflect, and understand the world in which they live. Sutter Street Theatre’s Breaking Borders program seeks to provide the highest quality arts education through theatre performances for young people. The performances use drama, music, dance, and comedy to cover school curriculum needs as well as social issues that young people may be experiencing in their lives.
OUR PROGRAM PROVIDES
- High quality, fast paced theatre
- Performances based on school curriculum requirements and social issues
- Student preparation and study guides for teachers
- School visitation providing actors, sets, and costumes at your location; OR
- A visit to our theatre in Historic Folsom where you will have an awesome theatrical experience
We believe in the importance of educating the next generations of young people through live theatre. Half of our Education Through Theatre repertoire will tackle vital issues, such as internet safety, bullying, drugs, and peer pressure. We will present subjects that empower children to make wise, educated choices that will impact the rest of their lives.
The other half of our program will bring theatre to schools with the intention of enhancing what students are learning in the classroom, including literature and history.
To bring a Breaking Borders show to your school, contact Alison Gilbreath at (916) 308-8619.