Book & Lyrics by George Reinblatt
Music by Frank Cipolla, Christopher Bond, Melissa Morris and George Reinblatt
Directed by Sidney Raey-Gonzales and Taylor Fleer
When: Sunday, July 7th at 7:00 pm
Callbacks Sunday July 14th at 7:00 pm
Where: Sutter Street Theatre – Annex, 710 Figueroa Street, Folsom, CA 95630
This show has a LOT of fake blood. The actors must be open to/comfortable with contact with fake blood and handling props with blood responsibly.
SYNOPSIS: “It’s an old tale. You’ve probably heard it a hundred times. Boy and his friends go on a week-long vacation in the woods. Three friends turn into Candarian demons. One friend is killed by a forest of evil trees. Two demons are killed by their boyfriends respectively, while one stays in the cellar trying to kill everything in sight. Like I said, pretty standard stuff.” – Ash This hilarious live stage show takes all the elements of the cult classic horror films, Evil Dead 1, Evil Dead 2, and Army of Darkness then combines them to make one of the craziest theatrical experiences of all time. And did we say… Blood?!
REHEARSALS: Starting September 2, Mondays through Thursdays at 7:00 pm
PERFORMANCE DATES: October 5th – November 2nd Fridays and Saturdays at 8:00 pm, Sundays at 7:00 pm PLUS special performances on Wednesday the 30th and Thursday the 31st at 7 pm. You MUST be available for all performance dates.
WHAT TO BRING:
– 16 – 32 bar cut of a song of your choice. Feel free to sing something from a musical or a rock song showcasing your voice to the best of its ability. Please bring sheet music (an accompanist will be provided) if necessary a CD or cellphone can be used.
– 30 seconds to one-minute monologue showcasing acting abilities.
– A change of clothes and shoes you are comfortable moving in for the dance portion of audition day.
– A headshot and resume.
– Plus a list of any conflicts you have during the rehearsal dates. Remember, no conflicts during performances.
- Ash (Male – Tenor/Baritone): The hero and iconic character of the musical. This devoted S-Mart housewares employee evolves over the course of the show from a cowardly college student to a wisecracking deadite slayer with his detachable hand chainsaw and 12 gauge “boomstick.”
- Linda (Female – Mezzo-Soprano): The girl next door. Linda is sweet, thoughtful, and completely devoted to Ash, until she turns evil and tries to kill him. She laughs an annoyingly inordinate amount of time after transforming.
- Cheryl (Female – Mezzo-Soprano): Ash’s sister and the odd woman out in the group. Looking to spend a week relaxing, she is the recipient of Scotty’s jokes and torment. The only one to sense the evil surrounding the cabin, she is the first to be possessed, turning her into an aggressive, foul-mouthed demon that speaks in very bad puns. Spends the majority of the show locked in the cellar.
- Scotty (Male – Tenor/Baritone): Good looking, cocky, a prankster and Ash’s best friend. Thinks himself the brave one until he’s forced to kill, then his panic leads him to flee. He returns to warn Ash about the woods and attempts to help his friend even as he is knocking on death’s door.
- Shelly (Female – Mezzo-Soprano): Beautiful, easy, and not too smart. She is Scotty’s latest fling and looking to party. Just because she becomes an evil demon doesn’t mean she can’t look good doing it!
- Annie (Female – Mezzo-Soprano): Quite the overbearing explorer who finds missing pages to the Necronomicon and wants to reunite with her father to continue their research. Very bossy and drawn to Ash. Must be comfortable in a tear away semi-revealing costume.
- Ed (Male – Tenor/Baritone): Annie’s coworker, boyfriend, and doormat. He travels with her to the cabin to proceed with their research of the book of the dead. After turning evil, his confidence may lack but this “Bit Part Demon” is ready to sing!
- Jake (Male – Tenor/Baritone): Stereotypical Southerner and reliable enough to help Annie and Ed find the path to the cabin, but too stupid and stubborn to listen to reason that will keep him alive.
- Evil Trees: These are the true comedians of the show. A nasty group of trees out to get the campers and will stop at nothing, be prepared to be gross!
- Moose: A possessed, singing, Candarian Demon moose head! That enough makes it awesome, except once moose get going they never stop!