Part-Time Office Assistant
Sutter Street Theatre is seeking a highly motivated, customer service oriented individual to join our
team as a Part-Time Office Assistant. The ideal candidate will have excellent communication skills
and a passion for the performing arts. As a key member of the box office team, the Office Assistant
will be responsible for supporting the daily operations of the box office and assisting with light
bookkeeping, ticketing and customer service.
-Provide excellent customer service to patrons of the theater by assisting with ticket purchases and
resolving any customer service issues
-Process ticket sales through our ticketing system, including handling cash and credit card
-Respond to phone, email and in-person inquiries regarding ticket availability, seating, and show
-Assist with bookkeeping duties; accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll via Quick Books.
-Respond to customer inquiries and provide information on performances, subscriptions, and other
-Provide support to CFO and team/management as needed
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and handle multiple tasks
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team
• Experience with QuickBooks Desktop Pro and/or Online software (A/P, A/R,
• Cash handling and basic mathematical skills
• Customer service experience is preferred
Please send your resume and salary requirements to email@example.com
Stage Manager Needed!
Sutter Street Theatre is currently recruiting for a Part – Time Stage Manager. The Stage Manger is
responsible for assisting the Director in overseeing and organizing the production. The Stage Manager
directly supports the Director in rehearsals, and takes over primary responsibility for the production
once the show opens. This position requires excellent organizational and communication skills, and the
ability to multitask in a high energy, active environment. Must be able to think quickly and remain calm
Experience preferred but not necessary
● Attend production meetings and take and distribute notes
● Be present at rehearsals and performances
● Copy and distribute any scripts, hand-outs, contact lists, emails etc. to cast and crew
● Responsible for ensuring that performances run smoothly and to schedule.
● Collaborate with the ASM’s to organize the practical and technical aspects of rehearsals and shows.
● Maintain communication with the Director and Production Team
● Maintain sign-in sheet for actors
● Ensure stage directions are written in Tech script
● Responsible for safety check before and after each rehearsal, making sure there are no
● Call and manage breaks
● Is “on book” for actors, following the script and giving line prompts
● Ensure set and props are in the right place for rehearsal and production
● Ensure that performers and crew are in the right place at the right time for rehearsal and
● Maintain the backstage and theater space, cleaning up, emptying garbage before and after
● Track props and costumes, and report any missing or damaged items to appropriate
● Conduct pre-rehearsal “fight calls” when relevant to the show
● Address technical difficulties during rehearsals and performances and works with
technicians to ensure they are resolved
● Report any broken props, costumes, set pieces to the Director.
● Report any problems with the cast and crew to the Director and Artistic Director
● Ensure all equipment is off and lock and alarm theatre when necessary